Wednesday, August 5, 2009

illness

I fine with my illness (as probably many people with debilitating illnesses do) it's hard to see what God has in mind. How can I glorify God if I can't even get out the front door.

I was reading today in Jan Karons novel Light from Heaven and the Pastor was talking to a lady who had been bedridden for a couple of months. The lady says, she doen't see how God can use this time in her life. He said, "We don't need to see how, but to trust that He can and will. Perhaps God is pruning you. In the gospel of John, Jesus tells us He prunes every branch that bears fruit, that it might bear more fruit. Whatever His plan, God works in our lives for great good - if we ask Him to."

This sounded good to me, He used me at church and starting the feeding of the homeless program and the kids programs and with the seniors so maybe he has something else in mind now, just wish it wouldn't be so painful to get there!

No comments: