Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bye Bye Thoreau

I finally finished Walden (for our reading group) and I never have to go there again. Hurray!! Although I though Thoreau's Life in the Woods was a lot of dribble I was surprised at agreeing with him on the "On the Duty of Civil Disobedience" which was at the end of my book but I'm not sure it's at the end of all the Pond books. Anyway I have been reading "Going Rogue" (the Sarah Palin book the Terry got me for my birthday) at the same time as I was reading Walden. I think they may agree with each other on government, only she say what she means in one paragraph and he takes 30 pages and doesn't stay on the subject. Looking forward to the next book.

2 comments:

Paul Mathers said...

I'm amazed that after Walden you went on to read something else by Thoreau.

rainydaytoys said...

It was in the back of the book and not really that long so I read it.